Back to Amazon.com

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

toxonix wrote:The device has a mini-USB connector (asymmetric) and won't work with current USB-c devices without and adapter.

But...but...but it connects with Wi-Fi.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

leinoffs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leinoffs

I don't get it.
Does this device need to be near a wi-fi hot spot and log into that for me to use it?
Or does it create its own network and I log my phone/tablet into that lan?

jashotwe1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jashotwe1

If you see this instrument in your urologist's office, get out, quickly.👨‍🏭

bluemaple

quality posts: 87 Private Messages bluemaple

1) Does it focus out more than an inch? A lot of these devices have almost uselessly short focus distances.

2) Is it really "1200p" resolution? That would be 1920 x 1200. It skips 1080p (1920 x 1080)?

Have an earlier, lower resolution model and it is pretty useless.

MatthewVinez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MatthewVinez
tc1uscg wrote:But doesn't your insurance pay for it if the doctor orders it? All a doctor has to do is clam "family history" and rather anyone has or had colon cancer, it's covered.

Only free if it's regularly ordered for a healthy person of your demographic. If it's due to previous and/or family history, it now applies to your deductible, as it's a specific risk to you. Still covered by the ACA, but you pay for it. EEK! (insurance broker by trade)

gadgetqueen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gadgetqueen

Thought about getting this for my great-nephew for a hamster-finder as he just got one and I know it will get out. Used something similar years ago to find my son's hamster who was an expert at hiding. If he saw your shadow he would stay put behind or under the bookshelves or wherever the crap he was! We were able to wait it out and be ready with cardboard for when its tail passed the shelf!
I have a whistler inspection camera I purchased a few years ago at Costco for less than $100 that has a detachable screen, a usb cable for viewing on computer and SD card slot to record to without needing a pc or app.
Decided not to get as I'm still ticked at Woot for not shipping my order last month: they ignored all my email questions for 2 weeks until they quietly cancelled my order saying they didn't get enough product! What a crappy woot business...

Coogles

quality posts: 49 Private Messages Coogles
bbkf wrote:Can this also perform colonoscopy?

Just aim it at this...

----> : <----

gkainz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gkainz

Camera or app failed 2nd time I used it. Not sure which, as all I get is a fuzzy image that changes with intensity as the light changes.

Ditzzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ditzzo
gadgetqueen wrote:Thought about getting this for my great-nephew for a hamster-finder as he just got one and I know it will get out. Used something similar years ago to find my son's hamster who was an expert at hiding. If he saw your shadow he would stay put behind or under the bookshelves or wherever the crap he was! We were able to wait it out and be ready with cardboard for when its tail passed the shelf!
I have a whistler inspection camera I purchased a few years ago at Costco for less than $100 that has a detachable screen, a usb cable for viewing on computer and SD card slot to record to without needing a pc or app.
Decided not to get as I'm still ticked at Woot for not shipping my order last month: they ignored all my email questions for 2 weeks until they quietly cancelled my order saying they didn't get enough product! What a crappy woot business...

So much could be said here. I will avoid the adolescent humor though. :-)

gkainz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gkainz
leinoffs wrote:I don't get it.
Does this device need to be near a wi-fi hot spot and log into that for me to use it?
Or does it create its own network and I log my phone/tablet into that lan?

It creates it's own wifi connection. Scan your wifi networks with your phone and connect to the network noted in the docs.

scherbd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scherbd
gkainz wrote:It creates it's own wifi connection. Scan your wifi networks with your phone and connect to the network noted in the docs.

So, if I'm in the garage with no wifi network it doesn't work, correct?

Coogles

quality posts: 49 Private Messages Coogles
scherbd wrote:So, if I'm in the garage with no wifi network it doesn't work, correct?

I believe the wifi connection is between the phone and the endoscope, it doesn't go over your home wifi so you should be able to use it anywhere.

twiswall

quality posts: 4 Private Messages twiswall

If you don't mind waiting a week or two for delivery you can buy directly from China and save $5...or for the same price as woot you can get one with 10-meter reach. Just sayin...

OutbackJon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OutbackJon
MacPrince wrote:Any camera can perform a colonoscopy if you're brave enough.

I don't think anyone is that brave.

Jpuck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jpuck

Bought this though a $10.00 lightning deal on Amazon a few months ago. This thing is COOL AS $**T! My kids and I look at everything and under everything. WE cut holes in the bottom of our couch and find loose change.

butschle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butschle

Bought this a while back when advertised the same. It's not a $199 SwissTek, but a YPC-110 from China. Can get directly from Amazon cheaper, plus a better return policy when you don't like it. No deal here, move along...

Adrenalynn333

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Adrenalynn333
vintner wrote:I have a different brand of these that I was going to use in my heating ducts to inspect them. Can't get the darned thing to go more than about 2 feet. Camera gets stuck in there and the cable goes beyond the camera. Wish there was an adapter to allow it to track better in a large duct. Tried it in a drain pipe, wouldn't make the turn. Shoot, haven't been able to use mine so far.

"Fishstix" are thin long fiberglass rods that thread together for pulling cable. I always keep at least 60feet of them around.

tenather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenather

Just tried this out and the image was so blurry magnifiers could fix it. This thing is blind as a bat and I think a bat would see better. This is not flexible enough to use in a drain it has a rigid cord which won't go around a trap.

jcbeckman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbeckman

Just got mine today. The Wifi part is useless. It created the hotspot and I was able to connect my phone, but the app just bounces an icon of a coffee cup. The camera works fine when plugged directly into my laptop, so I'll keep it, but pretty disappointed that the wifi part is useless.

maggiequilter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maggiequilter

Under features it states this borescope can be quickly connected with your smartphone. My smartphone is a windows phone. My device is seeing the wifi hotspot. Is there any software I can use. Imagekit and HD See can not access. Thanks

avworkz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avworkz

Focus range of 3-8mm is not at all applicable to the uses it shows in product description. You have to be VERY close to get usable picture.
DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Zippy The Pinhead

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Zippy The Pinhead
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes. It connects to your phone via Wi-Fi. The app, HD SEE, is in the app store.

No it won't, and the developer is long gone.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.