stickywicket21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stickywicket21
dliidlii wrote:Costco sold it for $479 new with full warranty. Consumer Reports gave this TV a Best Buy for the price range.

I believe it is currently 569.99 at Costco

pantsorama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantsorama

So close. From all I have read, 120Hz is the way to go. If not for that I would have bought this one already.

GuitarRebel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GuitarRebel

I may jump on one of these. Looks like a great buy.
I definitely wouldn't do it for the Square Trade extended warranty though. My experience with them is terrible. They will sure sell you a warranty alright, but honoring a claim is a whole different matter. Please carefully read the fine print before you check that Square Trade box.

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 61 Private Messages skispeakeasy
elbarto2 wrote:Woot has a similar 55" TCL Roku TV refurb today. Anyone willing to indulge me on how I should compare these two?

LG is far superior to TCL. The colors are more vivid, screen is more bright and blacks are darker. Ive never listened to this particular model, but I'm guessing the sound is a whole lot better too.

lipsky135

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lipsky135
HughHemington wrote:I think 3D went away a while back -- it never caught on.

One thing to note with LG is that there is no "SOURCE" button on the remote, or any discrete codes for source selection. You have to go to HOME then arrow over to the source you want. This makes it difficult to switch video sources IN THE FLATSCREEN instead of somewhere else (sound bar or receiver), so the fact this has 4 HDMI inputs is nice, but using more than one is awkward.

If clicking a button a few times is an issue and you are into Technology to need to switch between sources and blue ray and surround sound, etc. Pay $99 for a Logitech Harmony or other smart remote with RF can reach anywhere in house up to 15 devices and program in minutes. If you want to use Playstation and need to switch to HDMI 4 source and then power on PlayStation to turn it on and turn on surround sound etc. There is a simple image in full color of PlayStation icon on remote...you hit 1 button and it does all 5 steps on the 4 devices for you instantly from anywhere in your house. If u want surround sound or up to 15 other sources with a touch or talk to 1 single button - it's dummy proof, this solves your issue, for 1 button it will turn on tv, dim lights, turn on surround sound, and tv etc. to proper sources all of them for all devices, with 1 touch of a button. As for 3D it can and any blue ray player for $60 has 3D and more, also there are no cbannels I know of that are full time 3D,so you need a blue ray player with 3D regardless to watch 3D the majority of not $60 you get blueray, 3D, another smart wifi source, DVD, CD, and more all in one for $60, hence 3D no matter what.

Post real issues and comments not lack of tech knowledge over annoyed with having to push a button more than once. U r probably using 6 remotes now, pushing many buttons if you didn't know how to solve BOTH innaccuate non issues you shared. Get the $99 remote and put the other 6 in closet and hit 1 button to do any, up to 15 devices and mutiple at one time if needed so you, or anyone can control your home theater of electronics to their full potential and you don't have to hit 2 buttons which I guess is overwhelming and hard...funny part is the tv is smart remote you can program it up to 4 devices for free...so truly don't have to buy anything just learn how to use the remote that it comes with. All of the issues or reasons you posted a negative are false and innaccuate...user knowledge errors.

tobyboy11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tobyboy11

In my world LG anything sucks.

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 9 Private Messages PapaMidnight
curvin777 wrote:Flash?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Formerly: 8 years bag-of-crapless. Streak Broken on Day 1 of Year 9.

uabengineer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uabengineer
elbarto2 wrote:Woot has a similar 55" TCL Roku TV refurb today. Anyone willing to indulge me on how I should compare these two?

Dont buy it from woot. You can get it from walmart right now for $315, i have seen them as low as $250. They are decent tvs but not as good as LG imho. Also costco has good price and adds more warranty/return than these internet dealers.

dwasifar

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dwasifar
elbarto2 wrote:Mac folks getting snarky.

Boo hiss. Not a Mac guy at all. Flash is flaky on any platform.

nniesen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nniesen
lipsky135 wrote:If clicking a button a few times is an issue and you are into Technology to need to switch between sources and blue ray and surround sound, etc. Pay $99 for a Logitech Harmony or other smart remote with RF can reach anywhere in house up to 15 devices and program in minutes. If you want to use Playstation and need to switch to HDMI 4 source and then power on PlayStation to turn it on and turn on surround sound etc. There is a simple image in full color of PlayStation icon on remote...you hit 1 button and it does all 5 steps on the 4 devices for you instantly from anywhere in your house. If u want surround sound or up to 15 other sources with a touch or talk to 1 single button - it's dummy proof, this solves your issue, for 1 button it will turn on tv, dim lights, turn on surround sound, and tv etc. to proper sources all of them for all devices, with 1 touch of a button. As for 3D it can and any blue ray player for $60 has 3D and more, also there are no cbannels I know of that are full time 3D,so you need a blue ray player with 3D regardless to watch 3D the majority of not $60 you get blueray, 3D, another smart wifi source, DVD, CD, and more all in one for $60, hence 3D no matter what.

Post real issues and comments not lack of tech knowledge over annoyed with having to push a button more than once. U r probably using 6 remotes now, pushing many buttons if you didn't know how to solve BOTH innaccuate non issues you shared. Get the $99 remote and put the other 6 in closet and hit 1 button to do any, up to 15 devices and mutiple at one time if needed so you, or anyone can control your home theater of electronics to their full potential and you don't have to hit 2 buttons which I guess is overwhelming and hard...funny part is the tv is smart remote you can program it up to 4 devices for free...so truly don't have to buy anything just learn how to use the remote that it comes with. All of the issues or reasons you posted a negative are false and innaccuate...user knowledge errors.

If you were truly that tech savvy, you’d know this has HDMI CEC and you don’t need a $99 Harmony because CEC devices just talk to each other and do the right thing. For example, I turn on the blu-ray and it automatically turns on the TV and receiver/sound bar and switches their sources and there’s no setup. Harmony’s are great, but instead of fluffing your feathers, stick to providing useful information in a constructive manner.

bluviaggiatore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluviaggiatore

thank you