wootlizer

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wootlizer

Is there a subscription fee for the on-line account / any other fees other than the initial equipment cost?

tc1uscg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages tc1uscg
adsollm wrote:grass is overrated

Spoken by the guy who lives on the Mojave.

TC1 USCG Ret

tc1uscg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages tc1uscg
wootlizer wrote:Is there a subscription fee for the on-line account / any other fees other than the initial equipment cost?

No. On another note some people like using rain sensors. But I have found that the weather input is pretty much spot-on, plus it changes its watering time due to seasonal changes. This little bad boy will not water if the wind is above a certain level that you set oramount of rain you get. But if it doesn't rain, but the weather app thinks it did, or you get spotty showers, you have to manually run it yourself.

TC1 USCG Ret

binkley72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages binkley72

How are you able to sell at the discounted price? Is the 2-year Warranty Act by the manufacturer? Why is this not in the original packaging?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

binkley72 wrote:How are you able to sell at the discounted price? Is the 2-year Warranty Act by the manufacturer? Why is this not in the original packaging?

We're buying directly from Rachio which is why they're in the forum answering questions. Yes, the warranty is by Rachio.

Brown box? I dunno? Cheaper?

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wootlizer wrote:Is there a subscription fee for the on-line account / any other fees other than the initial equipment cost?

Nope. No fees.

Here's their site

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

rachiosupport

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rachiosupport
Accelerator wrote:I'm very good a demolishing or disassembling stuff but putting it back together is another story, for me.

Me too! The controller is VERY easy to install. I'm not sure if you've watched this video yet, but most users are able to install the controller in 30 minutes or less!

rachiosupport

new petec wrote:can this be return if not happy with it?

Although Woot.com has a limited return period, Rachio offers a Total Satisfaction Return Policy for any controller purchased from an Authorized Reseller (Woot is owned by Amazon.com)

schorert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages schorert
gspears wrote:My old style rotary dial controller is mounted on the wall in the back of the house (west facing) so it looks like I can't mount this in the same place. I am not able to move this without a lot of difficulty so I'm think I'm screwed. I really don't want another big enclosure on the back of the house. They show the unit mounted on an outside wall but then say in the specs that it can't be. I'm confused.

You can buy an outdoor mounting box...look on amazon, and order!

wootlizer

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wootlizer

Specs read "In the box:
(1) Rachio 2nd Generation Smart Sprinkler Controllers - 8 Zone or 16 Zone"

It does come with a power supply as well, doesn't it? There is one in one of the pictures...

rachiosupport

wootlizer wrote:It does come with a power supply as well, doesn't it? There is one in one of the pictures...

Yep, it does! Also comes with mounting hardware.

tomgasper55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomgasper55

Great controller, I had user error setting up the device, but support had it figured out within 30 seconds. Great product, great support.