Top 1% of Woot.com Woots
Top 0% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]

SwissTek Professional HD Wi-Fi Endoscope
Price: $29.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Mar 13 to Wednesday, Mar 14) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
1/20/2018 - $29.99
12/21/2017 - $29.99
9/1/2017 - $34.99

9/20/2017 - $34.99 (Woot Plus)
9/20/2017 - $34.99 (Woot Plus)

marines122181

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marines122181

I'm just commenting so you all will read my comment while looking for the stupid coupon code! Muhahahhaha

Jonesma47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jonesma47

Why you, you so and so! That's just pure evil!!!!!! (where do you find the coupon code, btw?)

WootAGuy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WootAGuy

The reviews for the required app, "HD See", are not so good. 2.4 stars with 44 ratings for the iOS version and 2 stars with 206 rating for the android version. Almost bought one but decided to pass.

tnrobert43

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tnrobert43
WootAGuy wrote:The reviews for the required app, "HD See", are not so good. 2.4 stars with 44 ratings for the iOS version and 2 stars with 206 rating for the android version. Almost bought one but decided to pass.

I bought a short one a little while back. The required app was more adware than anything else. Pissed me off that I had bought a device that delivered advertising while I was trying to use it.

ichief

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ichief

From the look of it the circumference of the camera and tubing are to large to fit down a 5.56 AR-15 barrel.

Timbo108

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Timbo108

Bought this last time it came up. Decent android app, high qualiy image and good led lighting. Wifi connection is easy. Pretty handy for muliple uses. Worth the 3p bills.

bbkf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bbkf

Can this also perform colonoscopy?

Roadking432

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Roadking432

How long is the cable? I don't see that listed anywhere. Duh, I just found it. 3.5 meters

polecat2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polecat2

Will it work with a Iphone?

NormanLaRue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NormanLaRue
bbkf wrote:Can this also perform colonoscopy?

Nope. This is strictly a "look into the hole" type of endoscope. There is no steering and the fiber optic and power cable is too flexible to reliably navigate something as twisty and long as a colon.

Still, it's a high quality previous generation and useful for (say) looking down the helium port of an MRI to see if the power connector has been damaged.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tc1uscg

Don't have this brand/version but I do have one of these types devices for my phone and one for my laptop.

For the phone, it will work in a pinch but notice the pictures in the description they don't show many pictures of how well the camera works. Sure, you can stick it down, in or up any HOLE you want, but the optics are not the best. The one for my PC works well as it's no different then the built in camera. The last time I used mine was to find a junction box that the previous owners though would be funny to hid in the middle of the room for a couple of track lights that he installed. A 8x8 hole later.... but without it, I would have had to take down half the ceiling. Oh, and a wire toner/tracer helped too.

TC1 USCG Ret

Juiceman83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Juiceman83

I'm concerned about the "3mm-8mm focal range". If it stick it in a spark plug hole, will out be able to inspect the entire inside of the cylinder without getting within 8mm of everything I want to see?

MAllowMArsh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages MAllowMArsh

You beat me to it. ha!

vintner

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vintner

I have a different brand of these that I was going to use in my heating ducts to inspect them. Can't get the darned thing to go more than about 2 feet. Camera gets stuck in there and the cable goes beyond the camera. Wish there was an adapter to allow it to track better in a large duct. Tried it in a drain pipe, wouldn't make the turn. Shoot, haven't been able to use mine so far.

Vintner-Wooter, winemaker and Maxi Scooter rider.

zwayne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zwayne

I really didn't care for doing a DIY colonoscopy without anesthesia. Plus the movie looks like crap.

Public service announcement: routine colonoscopies should be covered at no cost by all health insurance plans due to ACA regulations.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tc1uscg
zwayne wrote:I really didn't care for doing a DIY colonoscopy without anesthesia. Plus the movie looks like crap.

Public service announcement: routine colonoscopies should be covered at no cost by all health insurance plans due to ACA regulations.

But doesn't your insurance pay for it if the doctor orders it? All a doctor has to do is clam "family history" and rather anyone has or had colon cancer, it's covered.

TC1 USCG Ret

MacPrince

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MacPrince

Any camera can perform a colonoscopy if you're brave enough.

toddlamp

quality posts: 7 Private Messages toddlamp
Juiceman83 wrote:I'm concerned about the "3mm-8mm focal range". If it stick it in a spark plug hole, will out be able to inspect the entire inside of the cylinder without getting within 8mm of everything I want to see?

The focal length of a lens is the distance between the lens and the image sensor when the subject is in focus and not the distance the subject needs to be from the lens to be in focus.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

polecat2 wrote:Will it work with a Iphone?

Yes. It connects to your phone via Wi-Fi. The app, HD SEE, is in the app store.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

elster000

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elster000
MAllowMArsh wrote:You beat me to it. ha!

You can perform a Redneck Colonoscopy. "Drink some more moonshine, Buford and hold still. This is only costing 29 dollars."

Wooter675331772

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter675331772

Can this be used with a PC?

Nargg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Nargg

Get this and stick it where the sun don't shine. Like down your sink drain to check for clog. What were you thinking?

rgarnier

quality posts: 21 Private Messages rgarnier

This is not a deal. Just search for it anywhere and you'll find similar and better prices. $199 supposed list price is a joke. Read comments from past Woot sales, too.

unstoppabledrew

quality posts: 3 Private Messages unstoppabledrew

How wide is the field of view?

njlwings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njlwings

Does it have a light?

simonwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simonwang

is it true that from amazon reviews that this will not work with ios 11?

lethargicmass

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lethargicmass

No, it's an endoscope, so it's obviously for endoscopies. I recommend coating it with chocolate syrup to help it slide on down the old gullet!

I love bacon!

iceph03nix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages iceph03nix

I've got the USB model of this. The picture is not nearly as good as the sales image. You really need to be in just the right position to get a good image, and have a good idea what you're looking at in the first place.

I got it for looking inside walls for running cable. It does an alright job of telling me what I'm running into and if there's a way around it so I'm not totally upset with it.

As for apps, I can't speak for the WiFi model, but the USB model was perfectly happy to work with anything that could access a webcam feed. The others I looked at that were WiFi just had 'recommended' apps but would work with just about anything.

adamcaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adamcaron

I bought this the last time WOOT had it up. "Professional" is a stretch, but for $30, I don't think anyone really expects that anyway. For $30, the thing is pretty amazing. The Wi-fi aspect is a bit clunky as you have to change wifi networks to connect to it, but not a big deal.

tp222

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tp222

Is it waterproof? Can I tape it to a snake and go down the toilet to see if there is a blockage?

giantswede

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giantswede
ichief wrote:From the look of it the circumference of the camera and tubing are to large to fit down a 5.56 AR-15 barrel.

Yup, 8.4mm camera is probably bigger than a 5.56mm bore.

Sage97

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Sage97
lethargicmass wrote:No, it's an endoscope, so it's obviously for endoscopies. I recommend coating it with chocolate syrup to help it slide on down the old gullet!

I didn't have any plans Friday night. Hmm....

ThunderThighs

Staff

tp222 wrote:Is it waterproof? Can I tape it to a snake and go down the toilet to see if there is a blockage?

From the features: improved IP68 waterproof rating

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

bbkf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bbkf
lethargicmass wrote:No, it's an endoscope, so it's obviously for endoscopies. I recommend coating it with chocolate syrup to help it slide on down the old gullet!

I bet its best to not interchange their function.... "honey, why does my new endoscope taste like poo?"

timfear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timfear

Yes

hazmat0001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hazmat0001

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! Bought this last time on woot about 4 months ago. Never able to connect to wifi on my I-phone. Contacted woot about the problem and never heard back from them.

toxonix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toxonix

The device has a mini-USB connector (asymmetric) and won't work with current USB-c devices without and adapter.

ThunderThighs

Staff

hazmat0001 wrote:DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! Bought this last time on woot about 4 months ago. Never able to connect to wifi on my I-phone. Contacted woot about the problem and never heard back from them.

Hi hazmat. Sorry for the problem. I see that CS answered you the same day you contacted them. Make sure you check those spam/junk folders. If you don't find it, contact them back with a better email address to use.

Note that their replies go to the email address on your Woot account.